2022 Manheim Tennis Club Meeting
The 119th organizational meeting of the Manheim Tennis Club was called to order by our club president, Jerry Stehman, at 2:00 pm on Saturday, April 16, 2022, at the Manheim Tennis Court. The following members were present: Amanda Christman, Bill Loercher, Dennis Maust, Denny Keller, Dick Fleming, Don Musser, Don Royer, Dorothy Graby, George Kurien, Jay Witmer, Jeff Graby, Jerre Pietsch, Jerry Stehman, John Blanck, Nancy Hanula, Randy Grove, Rob Evans, Stan Smith, Steve Berkley, Steve dePerrot, Ted Stehman. All reports were distributed by email before the meeting. Bill Loercher made a motion to accept the reports; seconded by Jay Witmer.
The club champions for 2021 were recognized in our Historianís Report which was also distributed to all members before the meeting.
Congrats to John Blanck for all his work on the Historian Report.
Bill Loercher made the motion to keep the Soda Machine Maintenance salary the same, seconded by Jerry Stehman and approved by members present.
Don Royer made the motion to retain Jerry Stehman as president, Steve Berkley as Vice President and Denny Keller as the secretary/treasurer and grounds keeper. Seconded by Bill Loercher and approved by members present.
Under new business a number of changes will be taking place.
1. Recognize John Caterbone for paying for a new clubhouse roof in Memory of his son John Jr.
2. Recognize Carl Hostetter for the design work and recognize Carl, Bill Christman, Jim Kreider and Denny Keller for all the work building the new cub house awning.
3. Regular dues will remain the same: $250. (new members $200 the first year) Husband and wife memberships $400 (new members $300 the first year), monthly $75, junior memberships remain at $30.
4. Jerry Stehman made the motion to give Carl, Bill and Jim a half price membership for 2022 for all the work and time spent on the new awning. approved by members present.
5. Dorothy Graby made the motion that we change the club doubles to "Men's Doubles" Since we've had mixed doubles and women's doubles the last couple of years this still gives everyone the opportunity to compete. 2nd by Nancy Hanula.
approved by members present.
5. Jeff Graby made the motion that we do court preps in-house and/or skip every other year. seconded by Rob Evans. After a lengthy discussion it was decided to vote on doing one court prep in-house this year. Vote was taken by show of hands. The vote (counted twice) was 10-10-1 abstain.
6. Dennis Maust made the motion that we keep one court open on Saturdays for open
play. Court will be marked Open Play on the reservation sheet.
2nd by ? approved by members present.
Jerry Stehman made the following appointments:
1. Social Committee - Pam Kaylor
2. Wednesday Doubles League - Denny Keller & Steve Berkley
(those interested in playing should contact Denny Keller or Steve Berkley before May 3rd)
3. Thursday evening Doubles League - Dorothy Love
4. Central Penn Doubles League - Steve Berkley
5. Club Singles & Doubles Tournament - Denny Keller & Bill Loercher
6. Club Golf Tournament - Bill Loercher (need at least 4 players to have it)
7. Club Pickle Ball Tournament - Linda Witmer & Pam Kaylor
8. Club Poker Tournament - Richie Brown. (6 players to have it)
Some important dates to remember:
1. May 1st is Dues deadline ($25 late fee after this)
2. September 03 - Singles Tournament
3. September 10 - Mens Doubles Tournament
4. September 17 - Mixed Doubles Tournament
5. September 24 - Womens Doubles Tournament
Meeting was adjourned by our club president, Jerry Stehman